HOW ARE THE OBSTACLE RACES GOING AHEAD? (updated 17th September)
We are proceeding with these events under measures which have been granted & approved by our local authority. In order to comply with & offer our #nuclearfamily the safest experience we are taking the following steps:
- We are reducing our maximum event capacity from 12,000 to 4,000 racers across the whole weekend.
- Every racer will be temperature checked inside your car on arrival – a face-covering must be applied. Face coverings must be worn from your car/carpark to registration/check-in through to the briefing, warm-up, at the start & finish. It can be removed when you are in the release pen at the start. Racers do not need to wear a face-covering when running or at obstacles but MUST carry one in a water-proof bag or pouch for the duration of the race – to be used if the 2m distancing rule can not be obtained at or near obstacles. A face-covering will be given to every racer as they cross the finish line & must be worn immediately. There are no exceptions to this rule. There are no exemptions for not wearing a face-covering whether it be medical or any other reason.
- Groups of up to 30 people up to 2-3 metres socially distanced will be allowed in any one area.
- We are operating social distancing systems, touchless check-in, temperature checking, track & trace & wave/group sizes of 5 people released every minute.
- There will be obstacle sanitisation in operation.
- Racers are encouraged to use the full width of every obstacle & keep apart at all times.
- Wave start times stay the same but do expect a rolling, staggered start which may not adhere to your published time.
THERE IS STRICTLY NO SPECTATOR ACCESS TO THE EVENT.
- There’s a new online ticket price to reflect the event change due to COVID-19.
- The car-park will be relocated right next to the event village making it easier/quicker to arrive & exit once finished.
- There will be NO event village, tradestands, sports therapy, band etc.
- There will be no bag-drop, changing tent or showers. A Shaken Udder milkshake will be given to all adult racers & there is a key-drop for car-keys only.
- There will only be one finish survivor photo & one photo from the Deathslide for all 7 & 12k racers.
- There will be a slightly reduced obstacle count – approx. 65 on 12k & 40 on 7k.
- There will be no zip-lines included in this event.
- A maximum of 5 racers will start together. If you are part of a team or running with buddies make sure you meet up before registering & enter the one way system together or you may not be able to start/run with them. You will not be permitted to meet up with other groups of racers on the course.
- Individual racers DO NOT have to stay in their ‘start group’ – you can run your own race-pace maintaining social distancing at all times.
- Racers must run on the left side of the course using the right side for overtaking only.
- There will be reduced mud & water obstacles to keep in line with current Covid guidelines & we may have to change planned obstacles to stay in line with government & local authority updates.
WHAT HASN’T CHANGED…
- There will be a Nuclear MC, warm-up & banging Nuclear atmosphere & race-day experience.
- There will be camping, limited choice of food/drinks to purchase, Nuclear kit shop near the car-park.
- The courses are as always well-designed, fun & challenging #TRUSTNUCLEAR
- Expect the usual big variety & quality Nuclear obstacles as well as rigs & multi touch obstacles, but with continuous obstacle sanitisation in operation.
- There will be all the usual high standards of water-safety, medical attendance & marshal support.
- There will be a 2020 medal & survivor running vest (Scimitar brand, technical fabric, men/women styles) for all finishers.
- These restrictions are correct at time of web update.
Choose from multi award winning 7km or 12km course distances over obstacle-loaded, muddy farmland set in the heart of the Secret Bunker Estate, Essex.
Nuclear’s well known for delivering award winning events with big, high quality achievable, man-made and natural obstacles designed to test every ability of fitness on fast-paced, flowing, punishing courses over epic varied terrain. Expect the infamous Deathslide & new Swing A Ding at the lake zone plus loads & loads of other obstacles.
VIDEO PRE-COVID EVENT RESTRICTIONS